GRADE 1 BPH Treatment!
by MOHAN KANDI
GRADE 1 BPH Treatment
I am 61 yr old male. Recently, ultrasound scanning found that I am having enlarged prostate grade 1 and bladder wall thickness of 5 mm.
The urine detention is 206 ml. I am taking Levoday 500 mg and Tamdura caps one at bedtime. I am much better so far as emptying the bladder content and thus feel relaxed.
Kindly intimate the prognosis? Do I require surgery?
: Hi Mohan,
It is quite difficult for us (doctors) to tell the prognosis of a disease as there are many factors that should be taken into account.
It is much more difficult to tell the prognosis online with little medical data you provided. However, I will try to give my opinion on your request.
To my opinion, you are:
- emptying your bladder and feeling relaxed after voiding although the residual urine is 206 ml;
- taking 2 drugs (Levoday and Tamdura) and you are not facing any side effects (according to your statements).
I would like to know:
- for how long have you been on Levoday and Tamdura?
- Are facing any other problem like up and/or lower urinary problems?
- What other drugs have you been taken from the first time your have been diagnosed with BHP?
As I do not have any other medical data of yours; with those provided by you, I think you are on a good way to manage your prostate enlargement and do not need surgery so far.
However, please do not take my opinion as the last one as I do not have sufficient medical data on your health status.
Only your doctor can give the final opinion based on your medical history. Next, drugs and surgery only cannot help you with your enlarged prostate. You need to do some lifestyle changes like:
- stop smoking or drinking alcohol
- modify your diet (more healthy foods, less carbs, less oily ones)
- try to use some herbs that have been proven to relieve the prostate symptoms and shrink it.
I do not know if your doctor have already told you about these changes, but my medical ethic obligates me to refer them to you.
Hope it helped!