Frequent Urination and Incontinence Prostate Problems?
by Stephen swartz
I do experience frequent urination, incontinence only when I sleep.
ANSWER: Hi Stephen,
The problems you are referring to are related to some prostate problems, including enlarged prostate, prostatitis and/or urinary tract infections (UTIs).
In fact, all these problems are usually connected. The only problem I see is what kind of help would you like to have from us?
Usually, we prefer to have your specific concerns explained in order to give a precise answer.
However, I will try to mention some remedies related to your concern as following:
UTIs - They are usually associated with frequent urination, burning sensation and pain in the lower abdomen.
In this cases, doctors usually recommend a urine analysis and urine culture to see if there is an infection, what type it is and what is the proper treatment.
Commonly, UTIs are medicated with antibiotics and ph neutrilizers. Herbal teas are also recommended including fern or other mixed herbal teas for kidneys and urinary tract.
Enlarged Prostate (BPH) - is often associated with UTIs and frequent urination depending on the size of the prostate; the bigger the prostate, the worse the problems.
Your urologist will evaluate your current health situation and will prescribe some medicines. What you can do at home is :
- Train youself to drink fluids thoughout the day; less at dinner time
- Take the medicines exactly as your doctor has prescribed to you.
- Avoid eating irritant foods such as spices, coffee, foods high in fat or fried.
- Some herbal remedies can also be of a benefit, including saw palmetoo, zinc, pumkin seeds, pygeum, etc.
- Try to learn and perform the Kegel's exercises in order to alleviate the symptoms at home.
- Do some simple toilet training to reduce the frequency and incontinence problems. So, make a schedule to go to the bathroom every 30 minutes whether you feel to or not.
Gradually, after a couple of days, you can elongate the distance to 40 or 1 our until your body starts to "learn" to get the urge appropriately.
Prostatitis - is often related to the problems you are referring too. The only problem here is that you need a long-timed treatment and strong willing because it is very difficult for the drugs to enter the prostate capsule.
On the other hand, prostatitis is often accompanied by other genital infections, including the sexual transmitted ones (STIs).
Therefore, if this is the case, you would need an urgent medical attention.
Hope it helped!