Written by Dr.Albana Greca Sejdini, Md, MMedSc

Enlarged prostate at age 69

by Fabian campbell

QUESTION: Suffering recently urinary discomfort at end of urination located a apex of penis. This condition goes and comes.

Usually, there is tingling sensation is scrotum. Enlarged prostate confirmed by picture 2005. Used saw palmetto for a time and delayed use for a year because symptoms disappeared (of excellent results).

I prefer noninvasive solutions.

Question: would the delayed use affect capacity to resume S.Palmetto?

ANSWER: Hi Fabian,

It is good for you to know that prostate enlargement is a permanent condition, which means that you cannot reduce the size of the prostate, but to minimize the enlargement.

In addition, the medications, whether drugs or herbs, has to be taken constantly, because when you stop them, the prostate will enlarge again and in some cases, the enlargement is greater than before.

So, if you want to remove these nasty sensations, you have to start taking Saw Palmetto again. But, my advice for you is to make a consultation again with your doctor and to perform the PSA test one more time.

I’m telling you this, because in some cases, the prostate enlargement can be transformed into prostate cancer. Remember, I’m not telling you that you have cancer; I just want to be sure that you don’t have it.

The reason why I’m telling you this is because the symptoms of prostate enlargement and prostate cancer are quite similar, only further examinations can make the difference.

Furthermore, your doctor would prescribe you drugs, which will be very efficient in combinations with Saw palmetto. That means that an improvement in prostate condition will be observed after several days from the start of the treatment.

  • Besides it would be good for you to visit your urologist at least 3-4 times a year. In this way, you will have clear picture of what is going on with your prostate and how you are supposed to handle with the tingling.

  • Regarding the discomfort at the apex of your penis, you have to know that men with a prostate enlargement are more pliable to develop urinary infections.

    However, you haven’t mentioned anything about redness or pain in this specific area, but you need to show it to your doctor.

    Hope my limited answer helped!


  • Click here to post comments / follow up

    Join in and write your Question! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Enlarged prostate treatment option.

    Can happen benign prostatic hyperplasia in castrated men?

    QUESTION: Can happen benign prostatic hyperplasia in castrated men?

    ANSWER: Hi there,

    This is a very interesting question, which is not approved or rejected with clinical evidences. However, it is theoretically possible for a castrated man to develop BPH, because of the hormonal changes in the organism.

    As you probably know the risk factors for developing BPH are ageing, hereditary and nationality. The most important among these factors is the ageing, because with the age the production of testosterone is reduced.

    However, the organism compensates the lack of testosterone with increased production of estrogen (the female sex hormone). It is scientifically proved that the increased production of estrogen stimulates the cell growth, which is characterized by BPH.

    So, if the man is castrated, there are not testicles, which can produce testosterone, but the organism needs sexual hormone. Therefore, the suprarenal glands start to produce more estrogen than usual.

    Theoretically this increased production of estrogen can lead to prostatic cell growth – BPH. However, this is just in a theory, because there is no clinical data, which can support this statement.

    Hope it helped!


    Click here to post comments / follow up

    Join in and write your Question! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Enlarged prostate treatment option.

    If you want to have presonalised health answer for as little as 5 usd from a real doctor  Click Here now

    Return To Home