Blood in seman after prostate massage
My wife and I tried the prostate massage and since then I have been having blood in my semen is this normal or should I be worried
Hello dear Sir,
Although blood in semen (hematospermia) may be really frightening, the causes of this condition are usually benign.
Semen passes through a series of tubes from prostate where it is created to urethra where it ejaculates. Damage in any of the blood vessels along this route can cause bloody semen.
There are numerous causes that can lead to the damage of the blood vessels along this path, but, in most of the cases, no cause can be found for this condition.
Most likely, you have blood in semen because of the prostate massage. The “physical trauma” from the massage, damages the blood vessels, causing them to leak blood, and this blood leaves your body with semen.
This is a very benign cause of hematospermia, and we suggest you not to continue with the prostate massage.
If your have one of the following conditions, we suggest you see a doctor for further medical evaluations:
1. If you are over 40 years old- In men over 40 years old, blood in semen might be a symptom of tumors ( malignant as well as benign ones) locating in the prostate, testicles, epididymis, or seminal vesicles.
2. Usually, the blood in semen does not last long and goes away on its own. But, if it persists longer than tree or four weeks, it would be prudent to go the doctor for consultation.
3. If experiencing intermittent episodes of blood in semen
4. If you have other symptoms like painful urination, fever, pain etc. In this case, blood in semen may be caused by infections such as prostatitis, epididymitis etc.
5. If you have risk factors such as a history of cancer, malformations of the genitourinary systems, suspect of having sexually transmitted diseases etc.
I am clarifying once again that most probably you are experiencing blood in semen because of the massage ( trauma is one of the most usual causes of hematospermia) unless having one of the aforementioned situations, which require medical advice.
In a case of blood in semen because of trauma, simply resting helps you get better.